This post is part of a series on our new KlickerUZH v3.0 concept. See KlickerUZH v3.0: Release Information for more information on the overall concept.
This thread shall be used to discuss any questions or inputs on our new policies regarding the availability of features. As a reminder, the following was published in our release announcement:
Since its inception in 2011, the KlickerUZH, though developed for usage at the University of Zurich, has been provided at no cost to everyone, mostly financed by the Department of Banking and Finance and UZH Teaching Innovation Funds, with the goal of improving teaching interaction throughout all levels of education. With its relaunch in 2018, the KlickerUZH was published as an open-source project, meaning that anyone can add their own features or host their own version of the KlickerUZH.
The new KlickerUZH v3.0 includes many improvements and new functionalities that will incur a larger operational cost and effort in terms of support and maintenance. To ensure the sustainability of the KlickerUZH project as a whole, we will be setting into place a new policy on customer support and availability of features for external users (e.g., users not affiliated with the University of Zurich).
- Users at the University of Zurich (@uzh.ch and @usz.ch)
- Users at External Institutions
- Everything that was provided in the KlickerUZH v2.0 will be available to all users (e.g., synchronous interactions like live session, live Q&A, confusion barometer). All of the improvements made to these existing components will be available to all users (e.g., gamified live session with leaderboard, multiple running sessions , organizing sessions in a course with a course leaderboard, KlickerUZH app for students, etc.).
- Some new and advanced functionalities like microlearning, learning elements, and group challenges, as well as future extensions like, e.g., AI integrations, will be available for external users only upon request through a form and use case description and if capacities are available. If your use case includes a large number of students or there are already multiple lecturers using KlickerUZH at your external institution, we reserve the right to contact you or your institution regarding a potential collaboration on, self-hosting of, and/or sponsoring of the KlickerUZH project.
- Support will be provided on a best-effort basis only on our community platform (https://community.klicker.uzh.ch)
If you have any questions or inputs (e.g., regarding the sustainable funding of a growing open-source project like KlickerUZH), please feel free to leave them here or discuss them with us.