About the KlickerUZH: Support category

Ask questions related to working with the KlickerUZH and receive support from the community and our team.

Hi, I am not sure if this is the correct place to ask my question.
I am brand-new to klicker and currenty looking for a way to extract the QR code before the day when starting the session. The goal is to include the QR code in a ppt, while starting the session & running the votes on a separate device.
Thanks for advice.

Hi @SHZsleep, you are in the right place! For now, you would have to export the QR code by starting a session, displaying the QR code, and using right-click and “Save Image” (or similar depending on your browser). Note that the QR code does not change between sessions (as long as you keep your shortname, SHZsleep), so you can reuse the same image, once you have it, in all of your sessions.

I have added a new feature request for your specific intent of having the QR code accessible even before a session is started → Live Session - Export the QR code as a PNG file | KlickerUZH

Thanks for your input!

Best,
Roland

Hello,
I have used Klicker for a simple task (i.e. one question, with 3 answers). As a side comment: I do find it a bit complex to set up everything (coming from movo). Something simpler would be nice.
Coming to my question though.
I was contemplating using the tool for a Praktikum, where students do several experiments.
The idea is to show a question with multiple answers at the beginning of the Praktikum that stays up for several hours, i.e. the duration of the Praktikum.
The question would be: Which experiments have you completed?
Answers would be: Experiment 1, 2, 3, 4, 5. The answers would be tallied live as the hours go by so that the tutors get an overview of how far the students have come with their experiments, and when the final discussion can be scheduled.
I suspect that that this does not work in klicker, since it will time out? Especially if other things are being done on the laptop than just launching the question?
So, is it possible to set up my idea in klicker?

Best wishes
Thomas

Dear @tbue,

Thanks for your feedback. We are trying to make the interface a bit more intuitive with our upcoming release, but we are always grateful for feedback. The KlickerUZH has grown in terms of features, and it has become quite challenging to package everything in a simple interface.

Regarding your use case for the KlickerUZH: if I understand it correctly, you would have students update their response to the question continuously (which experiment they are working on) and would like to see the live view of their progress. In principle, the survey will not time out and will be active as long as you leave the question block open. However, students can only respond once to any given question (e.g., once they vote 1 on the question, they cannot change it to 1,2).

As a workaround for your use case, you could create 5 questions within one block and have students respond to question 1 after experiment 1, question 2 after experiment 2, etc. and then simply leave that block with 5 questions open for the entire duration of your praktikum. The questions could, e.g., be formulated as “I have completed experiment 1” with only one answer option “Yes”. And you would then have an evaluation view with 5 tabs, one for each experiment. You could also publish the evaluation view so that users that are not logged in can view the progress under a specific link (i.e., your tutors).

Hope that makes sense and corresponds to your use case. I have also added the idea of allowing updates on questions to our public roadmap (Questions - Allow participants to update their response | KlickerUZH).

Best,
Roland

Dear Roland,

Thank you for your reply.
Yes, correct, it’s a live view of the progress - so to speak - that we would like to monitor.

Thank you for the suggestion with the block. I can play around with that and try how it works.

The plan is not only that the tutors can see the progress, but also that the students
should see all the tabulated results as the different teams progress over time.
The idea would be that all teams can see how the others are doing,
and that maybe slow teams will speed up a bit when they see that they fall behind.

Until now the tutors have to make the rounds around the room and ask about progress
to try to guess when most teams are finished, and at what time the final discussion
should be scheduled. Some days are slower than others,
so it’s not practical to have a fixed time right from the start.

best wishes
Thomas